The documents need to be legalized in order to use them in Vietnam. Applications should have:
1. Application for legalization of documents (download pdf) or cover letter states what you need to do for your documents;
2. Photocopy of requester’s ID;
3. Request documents must be notarized public and authenticated by local state department before sending to the Embassy for legalization;
4. Make one photocopy of original for the Embassy record;
5. Fees: Please pay by Money Orders or Cashier’s Checks (Certified Checks) payable to the “Embassy of Vietnam”.
6. Mail back: A self-addressed postage-paid return envelope. You should use one of the following mailing services which provide tracking numbers: Federal Express (FedEx), or USPS Express Mail. If you use FedEx, please make sure your name, address, FedEx account and phone number in both sender’s and recipient’s boxes.
7. Processing Time:
• Regular processing requires 5 – 7 working days.
• Rush service requires 2 – 3 working days after the date of documents receipt
For further information, please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy:
Opening hours: 9:30 – 12:30 Monday through Friday or 14:00 – 17:00 pm
For further information: Tel. (202) 861 0737 ext 122
Fax: 202 861 0917
Address: 1233 20th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036