4. The Embassy of Vietnam in Washington D.C would like to inform that:
a. Visitors must obtain for a valid visa issued by the Embassy of Vietnam in Washington D.C before boarding for their travel to Vietnam.
b. According to current Vietnamese Immigration Laws (Ordinance on entry, exit, residence of foreigner in Vietnam dated 28/04/2000; Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP dated 28/05/2001; Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT-BCA-BNG dated 29/01/2002 to implement related Ordinance and Decree), visitors can only apply for a visa upon arrival at Vietnam’s international airports/border gates under the following circumstances:
- Attending funerals of family members;
- Taking care of family members who are seriously ill;
- Providing technical emergency support; medical care for seriously-ill patients; natural disaster and epidemic relief in Vietnam;
- Being invited by Vietnamese government;
- Other emergencies.
Under the above-mentioned circumstances, visitors must obtain an approval letter signed and sealed by the Embassy prior to their trips to Vietnam.
c. The Embassy is not responsible for any inconveniences if visitors are not allowed to go on board the plane to Vietnam or are refused to enter Vietnam in case they do not have a valid visa or a letter of approval issued by the Embassy.