(VNA) Nguyen Sinh Hung has been elected as Chairman of the 13th National Assembly (NA) with 457 votes, accounting for 91.4 percent, at the on-going first session of the 13th NA.
At the July 23 session, Tong Thi Phong, Huynh Ngoc Son and Uong Chu Luu were re-elected as Vice Chairpersons with the voting rates being 95.8 percent, 97.6 percent and 98.4 percent, respectively. The other deputy is current Minister of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan with 483 votes, representing 96.6 percent.
The NA Standing Committee comprises 17 members, including one Chairman, four Vice Chairpersons and 12 members.
The following is the list of members of the 13th NA Standing Committee:
1. Nguyen Sinh Hung
NA Vice Chairpersons:
2. Uong Chu Luu
3. Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan
4. Tong Thi Phong
5. Huynh Ngoc Son
NA Standing Committee members:
6. Ksor Phuoc – Chairman of the NA Council of Ethnic Affairs
7. Phan Trung Ly – Chairman of the NA Law Committee
8. Nguyen Van Hien – Chairman of the NA Justice Committee
9. Nguyen Van Giau – Chairman of the NA Economic Committee
10. Phung Quoc Hien – Chairman of the NA Committee for Finance and Budget
11. Nguyen Kim Khoa – Chairman of the NA Committee for National Defence and Security
12. Dao Trong Thi – Chairman of the NA Committee for Culture, Education, Youth and Children
13. Truong Thi Mai – Chairwoman of the NA Committee for Social Affairs
14. Phan Xuan Dung – Chairman of the NA Committee for Science, Technology and Environment
15. Tran Van Hang – Chairman of the NA Committee for External Relations
16. Nguyen Hanh Phuc – Chairman of the NA Office
17. Nguyen Thi Nuong – Chairwoman of the NA Committee for Deputies’ Affairs
In his inauguration speech, newly-elected NA Chairman Nguyen Sinh Hung thanked the NA deputies for electing 17 members to the NA Standing Committee, which, he said, is the great honour and a noble and heavy responsibility assigned by the Party, State and people.
He affirmed that the 13th NA Standing Committee will use its previous terms’ experiences and join all NA deputies in renovation, making the best use of knowledge and raising its responsibility to fully perform mission and authority stipulated in the Constitution and the law, contributing to building the NA to make it deserve to be the highest representative agency of the people and the highest State authority of Vietnam.
After taking up office, NA Chairman Hung read a statement nominating Truong Tan Sang, Politburo member and permanent member of the Secretariat of the Communist Party of Vietnam Central Committee and the 13th NA deputy, as State President./.