An agreement to construct a bridge across the Nam Thi river linking Lao Cai province of Viet Nam and Hekou province of China was signed in Hanoi on May 31.
The signatories were Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications Nguyen Viet Tien and Chinese Deputy Minister of Communications Li Juchang.
Under the agreement, the bridge, 140 metres long and 15 metres wide, will be built at a cost of VND 25 billion (USD 1.8 million), funded by the two countries.
The bridge will improve cargo and passenger transport between the two countries, thus boosting Viet Nam-China friendship and economic cooperation.
Also present at the signing ceremony were Vietnamese Minister of Transport and Communications Le Ngoc Hoan and Chinese Ambassador to Viet Nam Li Jiazhong.
(VNA June 4, 1999)
- The Embassy
- Consular Services
- Legalization of documents for marriage
- power of attorney
- Birth registration
- Visa Exemption
- Certificate of Vietnamese origin
- Citizen registration
- Renouncement of Vietnamese citizenship
- permit to transport remains and dead bodies to Vietnam
- Instructions For Registration to Retain Vietnamese Citizenship
- Vietnam - US Relations